Quickly, before new one, last time on Top Chef: All-Stars:
– Paula Deen stops by for the Quickfire to annoy the hell out of us! And, of course, to tell everyone to FRY their foods. Oil, butter, DEATH.
– But Mike Isabella knows he can’t win by traditional means and steals Blaise’s idea for chicken oysters. No good, man! And The Blaise is pissed.Vodpod videos no longer available.
– Mike wins, but he’ll get his comeuppance. One day. They all do.
– Then Chef John Besh comes by to up the Southern chef quotient (and because he’s not needed at Kitchen Stadium ever). And you know what that means: New Orleans style-cooking challenge! Gentlemen, start your fish!
– The ousted cheftestants return to serve as sous-chefs for the remaining cheftestants. And you know what that means: Blaise and Fabio get to rekindle their love! JUST MAKE OUT ALREADY!
– Carla tries to pretend she appreciated Tre’s help. But no one’s convinced. But it’s okay, she was a model, not an actress. GOOD TRY, CARLA!
– Carla’s all “I can’t lose a Southern food challenge, I’m from the South!” And Tiffany’s all “I can’t lose a Southern food challenge, I’m also from the South!” and Mike is all “I can’t lose a Southern food challenge, Tiffani (redhead) is from the South and she basically cooked my entire dish” and Antonia is all “I can’t lose a Southern food challenge, I’m a decent chef and it shouldn’t matter what kind of food it is.” You’re all correct!
– But redemption is spelled B-L-A-I-S-E, as the Professor gets his revenge with the winning dish, a new take on Surf’n’Turf that the judges unanimously agree is the best thing they’ve ever put in their mouths (we’re paraphrasing).
– Unfortunately, it’s the end of the line for Dale. We thought he was going to the end, might even steal the title from The Blaise, but he was undone by uncooked potatoes. Potatoes!
DALE YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK PLEASE PACK YOUR KNIVES AND GO WE REALLY THOUGHT YOU HAD A SHOT TO WIN IT ALL AND THIS TIME YOU WEREN’T EVEN SABOTAGED BY YOUR OWN ANGER ISSUES ALTHOUGH YOU WERE KIND OF A DICK A LOT OF THE TIME AND THE REST OF THE TIME YOU WERE KIND OF A CRYBABY GOODBYE.
The path to the finals just got a little clearer for the Blaise. Let’s hope this week he makes Mike pay for his transgression. And let’s hope we never see Paula Deen again.